Design Thinking for Innovation
The Spark Engine Design Thinking for Innovation (SEDTI) program offers product managers, designers, and innovation professionals an opportunity to learn Design Thinking and demonstrate an advanced understanding of key practices and mindsets related to product innovation.
Design Thinking is a movement that has surged to prominence because it allows teams to research and design solutions that are customer-centric in nature by focusing on needs, expectations, and emotional insights. Rather than aiming at the creation of a perfect solution based on a list of requirements, Design Thinking offers an iterative cycle of ideation and validation, whose goal is to design solutions that meet the customer’s needs. It works best in the white space of product innovation where a clear solution is not available, and sometimes the customer problem may not be fully defined or understood.
The Design Thinking for Innovation certification affirms the individual’s understanding of the key principles of Design Thinking and proficiency at applying Design Thinking methods to drive innovation and creative problem solving, including:
- Apply Design Thinking to solve complex problems
- Drive innovation within your team or organization
- Spark a customer-centric focus in your design and product teams
- Infuse a culture of agility through rapid validation of new ideas
- Base decisions on real insights from customers and rapidly build prototypes for validation
Those who earn a Spark Engine certification in Design Thinking for Innovation (SEDTI credential) indicate a thorough understanding of principles and practices related to innovation and creative problem solving with a focus on product innovation, human centered design, and rapid validation of new ideas. The training program and certification process are rigorous to ensure that those who pass the qualification fully understand Design Thinking and are able to apply the concepts immediately to be more effective in their jobs.
Regardless of one’s career stage, certification as a SEDTI is a valuable professional asset that distinguishes you as having the knowledge and ability to drive focused and purposeful innovation projects inside a business enterprise.
In this highly interactive and hands-on class, students learn the principles and practices of Design Thinking with a keen focus on innovation:
- Key concepts of Design Thinking and human-centered design
- Customer discovery techniques, including empathy interviews and observations
- Identify and segment your customers
- Design effective interview guides
- Define and refine your customers with effective User Personas
- Apply ideation techniques for insights and solutions generation
- Rapidly validate ideas with prototypes
- Refine your solutions to satisfy customer needs
- Go from idea to product plan and execution
We believe that real learning comes in three ways: a great training program, shared experiences with other participants, and hands-on practice. This is why we deliver this class in-person only, so that you can take full advantage of a rich and deep learning experience.
Participants in a Design Thinking for Innovation program get follow-up coaching support on how to apply the learnings to their real-life projects and jobs. This is included in the program for 6 weeks after the class. Coaching can be requested via email or phone call on a weekly basis.
At the end of the 2-day or 3-day class, participants earn a Spark Engine Design Thinking for Innovation (SEDTI) certification. This certification validates their participation to the class and the learning of foundational principles and practices for applying Design Thinking to real innovation projects.
There is no exam. The program is designed to be highly experiential as we believe that real learning comes from experience, not from passive studying of concepts.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Become a kick*ss product manager
The Spark Engine program at-a-glance
Who should apply?
The Spark Engine Design Thinking for Innovation (SEDTI) program expands expertise and mindset for those in roles responsible for driving design and product innovation within their organization, such as:
- Product managers, product owners, and entrepreneurs looking to expand their expertise in product innovation and creative problem solving.
- Product leaders who want to understand Design Thinking and how to drive product innovation within the organization.
- Certified Scrum Product Owners (CSPOs) that are seeking to develop further expertise in human-centered design and Design Thinking to drive innovation with their teams and their organization.