Certified Product Innovation Professional CPIP
The Certified Product Innovation Professional (CPIP) credential offers product managers, product owners, and innovation professionals an opportunity to learn and demonstrate an advanced understanding of key practices and mindsets related to product innovation and development.
The Certified Product Innovation Professional (CPIP) certification affirms the individual’s proficiency at key, foundational product innovation methods and tools, including: customer discovery & insights mining, human-centered design and Design Thinking, Agile and Lean Startup, prioritization and planning methods, product development practices, hypotheses-driven MVPs, metrics and delivery practices, and innovation frameworks.
Those who earn a Certified Product Innovation Professional (CPIP) credential indicate a thorough understanding of strategic and tactical concepts in product management/product ownership with a focus on key principles of product innovation, human centered design, and agility. The training program and certification process are rigorous to ensure that those who pass the qualification fully understand product innovation and are able to apply the concepts immediately to be more effective in their jobs.
Regardless of one’s career stage, certification as a CPIP is a valuable professional asset that distinguishes you as having the knowledge and ability to drive focused and purposeful innovation projects inside a business enterprise.
In this highly participatory and hands-on class, students learn the theories and practices that drive product innovation and development, including:
- Design Thinking and human-centered design
- Customer discovery techniques
- Ideation techniques
- Rapid validation with prototypes and MVPs
- Prioritization techniques
- Product journey mapping and roadmapping
- Metrics, measuring outcomes, driving business results
We believe that real learning comes in three ways: a great training program, shared experiences with other participants, and hands-on practice. This is why we deliver this class in-person only, so that you can take full advantage of a rich and deep learning experience.
Week 1: Customer identification and interview preparation
Week 2: Customer discovery and sense-making
Week 3: Ideation and rapid prototyping
Week 4: Product vision, business model definition, MVP definition
Week 5: Product journey map and prioritization
Week 6: Roadmapping, metrics, outcome validation
Participants in a full CPIP program also get follow-up coaching support on how to apply the learnings to their real-life projects and jobs. This is offered for free, via email, for 6 months after the class.
At the end of the 3-day class, participants immediately earn a Certified Product Innovation Associate (CPIA) certification. This certification validates their participation to the class and the learning of foundational practices and mindset.
Upon completion of the entire 6-week program, participants earn the coveted Certified Product Innovation Professional (CPIP) certification. This certification attests not only the learning but also the successful application to a real-life project of the product innovation practices and mindset.
There is no exam. The program is designed to be highly experiential as we believe that real learning comes from experience, not from passive studying of concepts.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Become a kick*ss product manager
The Spark Engine program at-a-glance
Who should apply?
The CPIP program expands expertise and mindset for those in roles responsible for driving innovation within their organization and leading product development efforts, such as:
- Product managers, product owners, and entrepreneurs looking to expand their expertise in product innovation and what process and tools of creative thinking are needed to generate and execute new breakthrough ideas for their organization.
- Product leaders who want to understand how to drive product innovation and manage innovation within the organization.
- Certified Scrum Product Owners (CSPOs) that are seeking to develop further expertise in applied product management practices to drive innovation within their organization. Unlike a traditional CSPO class, the CPIP class assumes Scrum (and Agile) expertise as a foundational skill-set. The focus is therefore not so much on Agile practices, but rather on key drivers of innovation such as human-centered design, team empowerment, and continuous discovery and delivery.