Certified Product Innovation Associate CPIA
The Certified Product Innovation Associate (CPIA) credential offers product managers, product owners, and innovation professionals an opportunity to learn and demonstrate an advanced understanding of key practices and mindsets related to product innovation and development.
A CPIA certification indicates a deep understanding of product management/product ownership techniques with a focus on key principles of product innovation, human centered design, and agility. The training is rigorous to ensure that those who pass the qualification fully understand product innovation and are able to apply the concepts immediately to be more effective in their jobs.
The Spark Engine Product Innovation Associate class is a 2-day experiential learning that expands the individual’s proficiency at product innovation methods and tools, including customer discovery & insights mining, human-centered design and Design Thinking, Agile and Lean Startup, prioritization and planning methods, product development practices, hypotheses-driven MVPs, metrics and delivery practices, and innovation frameworks.
For practitioners and experienced product managers/product owners that seek to deepen their skill-set and acquire a valuable professional certification, the training provides the opportunity to learn new innovation practices, expand one’s understanding, and develop expertise with hands-on exercises, simulations, and real-life case studies.
The class is taught with training-from-the-back-of-the-room principles, where students learn as much from the trainer as they learn from each other while working together at solving real problems. The 2-day class is highly interactive and experiential, so that participants have multiple opportunities to apply what they learn, and develop integrated understanding of both methods and mindset. This applied practice allows the participants to bring back to their jobs what they learn, and immediately start having an impact in their own project team or organization.
Upon completion of the class and all the exercises, the participants can earn a CPIA certification.
In this highly participatory and hands-on class, students learn the theories and practices that drive product innovation and development, including:
- Design Thinking and human-centered design
- Customer discovery techniques
- Ideation techniques
- Rapid validation with prototypes and MVPs
- Prioritization techniques
- Product journey mapping and roadmapping
- Metrics, measuring outcomes, driving business results
We believe that real learning comes in three ways: a great training program, shared experiences with other participants, and hands-on practice. This is why we deliver this class in-person only, so that you can take full advantage of a rich and deep learning experience.
Participants in a 2-day CPIA class also get free follow-up coaching support on how to apply the learnings to their real-life projects and jobs, for 6 months after the class.
At the end of the 2-day class, upon successful completion of all exercises, participants can immediately earn a Certified Product Innovation Associate (CPIA) certification. This certification validates their participation to the class and the learning of foundational practices and mindset.
There is no exam. The class is designed to be highly experiential as we believe that real learning comes from experience, not from passive studying of concepts. However, students are required to attend both days of class and actively participate in all exercises in order to earn the CPIA certification.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Become a kick*ss product manager
The Spark Engine program at-a-glance
Who should apply?
The CPIA program expands expertise and mindset for those in roles responsible for driving innovation within their organization and leading product development efforts, such as:
- Product managers, product owners, and entrepreneurs looking to expand their expertise in product innovation and what process and tools of creative thinking are needed to generate and execute new breakthrough ideas for their organization.
- Product leaders who want to understand how to drive product innovation and manage innovation within the organization.
- Certified Scrum Product Owners (CSPOs) that are seeking to develop further expertise in applied product management practices to drive innovation within their organization. Unlike a traditional CSPO class, the CPIA class assumes Scrum (and Agile) expertise as a foundational skill-set. The focus is therefore not so much on Agile practices, but rather on key drivers of innovation such as human-centered design, team empowerment, and continuous discovery and delivery.